FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE: AS OF MONDAY 29 June 2020
By Gary Gresh
NORTH CAROLINA COVID19 MASK MANDATE:
- Retail businesses; Restaurants; Personal care, grooming and tattoo parlors;
- Child care facilities, day camps and overnight camps;
- State government facilities under the executive branch’s administration;
- Public transportation, as well as private ride-shares, cabs, vans and shuttles, even if they are not all privately owned.
- Construction sites, migrant farms and agricultural settings where social distancing is difficult; Meat or poultry processing plants;
- Long-term care facilities; and Other health care settings that must follow the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention Infection Control Guidance for Healthcare Professionals about Coronavirus (COVID-19).
- The order does not authorize law enforcement officers to criminally enforce the requirements against individual workers, customers or patrons of businesses on the list, but it does allow them to cite a business failing to enforce the requirements.
SOUTH CAROLINA MASK RULES
- South Carolina Governor Henry McMaster is pleading with state residents to wear masks but says he won’t issue a statewide order to mandate wearing them, calling them “impractical.”
- This is a dangerous, deadly disease,” McMaster said. “You’ve got to follow the rules, wear your masks, keep that social distance. Wash your hands. If you’re sick stay home. If you have any belief you have it get a test.”
- In recent days, several South Carolina cities, including Columbia, Greenville, and Charleston, have put in place mandatory face mask rule in an effort to stop the spread of the virus.