As COVID-19 challenges continue, we have created this page to serve as a one stop spot for all things related to the pandemic and how it impacts your business. Below you will find reference to our CRMCA Blog, Online Education & Training Opportunities, Partner Links and access to our private LinkedIn Group.
We know many of you are still fully operational and we have heard of very few slow downs or project cancellations to this point. We know this is likely to change in the coming weeks and want to ensure we take extra steps now to prepare for the future. As you know, our industry is known for taking safety very seriously and social distancing is already in place on many of your job sites, etc. We urge you all to continue to implement these practices with a heightened focus on sanitization, limiting areas of congregation on site including break rooms, snack areas, as well as not sharing tools, etc. As many of the city/county inspection and permitting offices are seeing modifications it is imperative that we continue to make them feel safe and protected on our sites. Please inform all employees of this and discuss internally what you can do to ensure these services remain open and active in your markets.
Education & Training
In an effort to keep concrete at the forefront during these dynamic times in our industry CRMCA has partnered with Build with Strength and the National Ready Mixed Concrete Association to launch a new webinar series on the design and construction of concrete buildings.
CRMCA Members LinkedIn Group
During this time CRMCA is committed to staying on top of industry issues and providing value and benefit to all members where most helpful at this time. The private LinkedIn Group has been set up for CRMCA members only and will provide a platform for sharing updates, best practices, recommendations and most importantly house an area for members to interact with one another through comments and Q&A.
Additional Resource Links
Various government agencies and support sites have listed resources and links for easy access. The main ones affecting our industry are linked below:
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)
- CDC: Interim Guidance for Businesses and Employers
- CDC: COVID-19
- CDC: What To Do If You’re Sick
- CDC: Mass Gatherings
- CDC: Workplace, Home, School Guidance
- OSHA Guidance on Preparing Workplaces for COVID-19 :
- OSHA New Federal Standards for COVID-19 and has prepared a publication to help employers prepare for COVID-19 in order to reduce the impact of outbreak conditions on businesses, workers, customers, and the public.
- OSHA Website COVID-19 Health and Safety Page includes how OSHA standards can be applied to protecting workers from COVID-19.
Department of Labor (DOL)/Workforce Development
- OSHA Recordable or Reportable? (Jackson Lewis)
- OSHA: Relevant OSHA Standards That Could Apply
- OSHA: Prevent Worker Exposure to Coronavirus
- OSHA: Guidance for Preparing Workplaces for COVID-19
- DOL: Guidance for Preparing Workplaces for a Pandemic
Department of Transportation (DOT)
North and South Carolina Safety Resources:
- NC: NC Department of Health and Human Services: Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19 Response in NC)
- NC: New Guidance for NC Construction Meetings and Bids from NC State Construction Office
- NC: NCDOT COVID-19 Workforce Safety Plan
- SC: SC Executive Order Suspending Transportation Regulations
- SC: SC Department of Health and Environmental Control Information of COVID-19
- SC: SCDOT Procedures
- SC: SCDOT Guidance for Supervisors
- SC: SCDOT Workforce Safety Plan for SCDOT Projects
- SC: SC OSHA Recommendations for Safely Shutting Down a Construction Project
Wage and Hour Division
- Employee Paid Leave Rights
- Employer Paid Leave Requirements
- Families First Coronavirus Response Act: Q&A: paid sick leave and expanded family medical leave
- Required Poster Companies Less Than 500 Employees: Paid Leave Entitlements
- Required Poster SPANISH Companies Less Than 500 Employees: Paid Leave Entitlements
- COVID-19 and the Fair Labor Standards Act Questions and Answers
- COVID-19 and the Family and Medical Leave Act Questions and Answers
- COVID-19 and the American with Disabilities Act (EECO)
- National Law Review: 3/29 UPDATE: DOL Publishes Further Guidance Concerning Paid Sick Leave and Paid FMLA Leave under FFCRA; Finally Clarifies Small Business Exemption