NRMCA 2018 Kids Art Contest Sponsored by the Truck Mixer Manufacturers Bureau
The National Ready Mixed Concrete Association is now accepting entries for its 2018 Kids Art Contest, sponsored by the Truck Mixer Manufacturers Bureau. The theme for the contest is “Make America’s Roads Great Again”. The contest is open to children up to grade 12 who have a relationship to an NRMCA Member.
- All entrants must be related to or sponsored by an NRMCA member.
- Contestants are limited to one entry each.
- Artwork should be 100% produced by the entrant and be original.
- Entries may be in a medium of the artist’s choice (oil, water color, pastels, pencil, pen and ink, charcoal, crayon, etc.). Entries can be a drawing, collage, painting, or other two-dimensional work.
- All entries must incorporate a ready mixed concrete truck in some manner “but should not be limited to a picture of a ready mixed concrete truck.
- Entries must be on 11″x14″ flat paper. We encourage artwork to be on good quality bond or drawing paper, or illustration board. Entries should not be framed or matted.
- For contact purposes please include artists™ name, address, phone number, age and grade, and the name of the NRMCA Member and their relationship to the artist on the back of their artwork.
- Entries must be post marked no later than December 31, 2017.
Entries will be divided into the following grade categories: pre-K – K; 1-3, 4-6; 7-12. First, Second, and Third place winners will be selected from each grade category. Prizes will be awarded in each grade category ($100 first; $50 second; and $25 third place). All entries will be judged only against others in their grade category. They will be judged on originality, effort, creativity, composition, and interpretation of the theme “Make Americas™ Roads Great Again”.
Winners in each category will be announced at NRMCA’s Annual Convention, co-located with the National Stone, Sand and Gravel Association™s 2018 Annual Convention, March 2-5, 2018, in Houston, TX. First place entries will be auctioned off at the CONCRETEPAC Auction. Images of the winning entries will be used later in the year to create a 2019 NRMCA calendar and winners and the sponsoring members will receive a free copy of the calendar.
Selected entries will be displayed at NRMCA’s Annual Convention. NRMCA reserves the right to copy and modify any entry for reproduction. Entries will not be returned and may be used for future promotional opportunities.
Entries must be post marked no later than December 31, 2017 and should be mailed or delivered to: