CRMCA is looking to grow our team with an energetic and enthusiastic individual who is creative, eager to learn and passionate about association membership!
Director of Membership & Communications
Develops and manages membership recruitment and retention programs that increase the membership base of the association. Develops, manages and promotes member services that enhance the value of membership. Coordinates and executes the marketing and communications programs and activities of the association to further the associations mission.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Membership: Serve as key point of contact for members/non-members on requests for information with a focus on growing the association’s membership base through recruitment and retention
- Coordinates the development of membership recruitment materials, including theme, text and production
- Targets new areas for membership growth, develops prospect lists and recruits new members to the association
- Provides regular reports to the Executive Vice President and Membership Committee on new member applications, upcoming renewals and cancellation statistics
- Develops profiles of new members to identify areas for member involvement and interest in services
- Develops new services for the membership, including affinity programs and product and service discounts
- Produces new member kits and membership plaques/decals/certificates for all new members
- Develops and coordinates membership drives and campaigns
- Conducts exit surveys of non-renewing members to determine reasons for canceling membership
- Serves as staff liaison to the Membership Committee
- Provides support to other association committees as assigned by the Executive Vice President
- Working in conjunction with admin staff, assures that all membership information is entered into the association’s database and kept accurate
- Working in conjunction with admin staff, assures that dues notices are sent in a timely fashion and include information to encourage renewals
Communications: Manage and execute marketing and communications plans for CRMCA events, programs and partnerships
- Develop and implement a cohesive and integrated marketing and communications strategy to elevate awareness of the organization and drive member engagement
- Create and coordinate communications to organizational leaders, members, contributors, staff and nonmembers using internal and external email communications
- Prepares media kits, brochures, flyers and other association publications and materials as necessary
- Serves as managing editor of association publications and blog by writing, obtaining, and editing articles; overseeing the outsourcing of the design and printing; and securing advertising
- Prepares news releases on a regular and frequent basis and maintains an effective liaison and positive communications with all local news media
- Lead the development and execution of insight-driven social media and digital strategy across paid, earned and owned channels
- Responsible for generating content, updating and maintaining all social media accounts for the association
- Oversees the content and maintenance of the association’s web site, responsible for securing and maintaining website advertising and actively updating and monitoring all online content
- Assists in the marketing and operation of association events, such as the Mixer Driver Rodeo, Summer Convention, and Fall Workshop
- Maintain and follow CRMCA Style Guide – logos, colors, fonts, etc.
- Actively copy-read and edit materials to ensure consistency and technical accuracy
- Manage external vendors (design firms, writers, etc.) as necessary for effective creative development
- Track and analyze membership and communications activities and outreach efforts
- Support other member services and communications responsibilities as needed to support organization needs
- Additional general office duties as needed, including interface with other staff to gather reporting information or items necessary for filling above responsibilities
- Maintain full knowledge of current association programs, services, publications and membership benefits and dues structure
- Identify and maintain favorable working relationships with Board of Directors, committee chairs, staff, etc.
- Support overall goals and objections of the association’s Strategic Plan through additional responsibilities
- Be aware of, understand and follow the association’s policies and procedures
The above responsibilities are not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties of the position described. They are intended only to describe the general nature of the job and are a reasonable representation of its activities.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree required, preferably in Marketing, Communications, or Public Relations
- Minimum two years’ experience directly related to the duties and responsibilities outlined above, preferably in the areas of communications, marketing and/or membership
- Exceptional communication, organizational and interpersonal skills
- Excellent writing, editing and proofreading skills and ability to create and produce promotional materials.
- Demonstrated working knowledge of publishing and production processes, writing for the web and social media and ability to meet deadlines and produce projects within budget
- Proven understanding of marketing and branding principles and the ability to build and execute campaigns with targeted marketing and thoughtful product positioning
- Proficiency in use of Microsoft Office Suite and experience with desktop and design software (Adobe Suite, Canva, etc.), content management systems, various social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, YouTube, etc.), and email marketing (MailChimp, Constant Contact). Some graphic design ability preferred but not required
- Ability to develop and maintain positive working relationships with co-workers, volunteer leaders, other organizations and industry contacts; tact, diplomacy and good judgment
- Ability to work independently, but also contribute to a collaborative team environment
- Ability to take initiative, prioritize, manage multiple projects within deadlines and work as a member of a team
- Some travel required to locations within North and South Carolina focused around CRMCA Annual Events
Salary & Benefits
Salary is commensurate with experience and the position offers a competitive benefits package.
The position is located in our Charlotte, NC office with business hours of 9am-5pm
Please submit a cover letter that conveys experience and qualifications specific to this role, resume, salary history and/or salary expectations (your preference), via email to firstname.lastname@example.org