We are thrilled for current staff member Cindy Chambers who has recently announced her retirement, effective July 1, 2020. We sincerely thank her for her years of service and wish her all the best in retirement! With that said, we will be working extra hard to grow our team in preparation for her retirement!
We are looking to add an individual to our team who is energetic and enthusiastic, eager to learn and passionate about association services!
The Carolinas Ready Mixed Concrete Association is seeking a Member Services Coordinator to support the day-to-day activities of the association in the areas of membership, communications, and events. This position will focus on the areas of recruitment and retention, member services and engagement with oversight of member database and online communications platforms.
Attention to detail, flexibility, and the ability to work effectively with a small team are essential. The ideal candidate is high energy, professional, articulate, positive, responsible, dependable, and self-motivated. Having the ability to multi-task and prioritize work as it arrives is also mandatory. This position is often the first person a member or customer engages with at the association.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides high-level of customer service, responds to requests, assists and answers questions from members, prospects and other industry professionals.
- Responsible for maintaining membership database including member records, calendar, and revenue related items to include invoicing and processing payments per established data standards.
- Help facilitate a cohesive and integrated marketing and communications strategy to elevate awareness of the organization and drive member engagement.
- Coordinate communications to organizational leaders, members, contributors, staff and nonmembers using internal and external email communications to include Monthly Mix e-newsletter and various info blasts and event reminders.
- Responsible for generating content, updating and maintaining website and social media accounts for the association.
- Manages the daily office operations of the association including serving as primary staff person answering incoming calls promptly and courteously, providing assistance as needed, mailing of monthly invoices, outreach calls and various additional administrative duties.
- Process sales transactions such as membership applications, event registrations, etc.
- Maintains record keeping for NC and SC Political Action Committees
- Maintain full knowledge of current association programs, services, publications and membership benefits and dues structure.
- Additional general office duties as needed.
The above responsibilities are not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties of the position described. They are intended only to describe the general nature of the job and are a reasonable representation of its activities.
Required Skills and Experience:
- 2-3+ years of experience directly related to the duties and responsibilities outlined above, preferably in the areas of non-profit membership or for-profit customer service, communications or marketing.
- Experience with membership engagement and invoicing, and promoting related services.
- Exceptional communication, organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent writing, editing and proofreading skills.
- Demonstrates working knowledge of writing for the web and social media with the ability to meet deadlines and produce projects within budget.
- Proficiency in use of Microsoft Office Suite and experience with desktop and design software (Adobe Suite, Canva, etc.), content management systems, various social media platforms and email marketing (MailChimp, Constant Contact). Graphic design ability a plus but not required.
- Ability to develop and maintain positive working relationships with co-workers, volunteer leaders, other organizations and industry contacts; tact, diplomacy and good judgment.
- Ability to work independently, but also contribute to a collaborative team environment.
- Ability to take initiative, prioritize, and manage multiple projects within deadlines.
- Some travel required to locations within North and South Carolina focused around CRMCA Events.
- College degree preferred or related work experience.
Salary & Benefits
Salary is commensurate with experience and the position offers a competitive benefits package. The position is located in Charlotte, NC.
Submit resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org