CRMCA is actively hiring for a new role with our team – we are seeking a Director of Education & Technical Services. Details regarding the position can be found below – those interested should send letter of interest and resume to Caroline Sutton at email@example.com
The Carolinas Ready Mixed Concrete Association, Inc.
1805 J.N. Pease Place | Charlotte, NC 28262 | www.CRMCA.com
Director of Education & Technical Services
The ideal candidate will possess a broad knowledge of the ready mixed concrete and building materials industry. Candidate will be responsible for managing the educational, promotional, and technical services of the association. The primary responsibility of this position is to develop relationships and improve the knowledgebase, and increase the use, of concrete products within the design, construction, and development communities in North and South Carolina. This includes, but is not limited to, concrete paving for parking lots, permeable concrete pavement systems and pavements, and concrete paving for streets, local roads, and airports. This position will also focus on maintaining contact with architects and engineers who specify project requirements as well as developers and members, while soliciting new relationships and engagement opportunities. Candidate will also demonstrate the ability to build on existing relationships and seek out new opportunities, cultivate promotional opportunities and relationships for the association, and influence key decision makers in the architectural, engineering, and regulatory markets to incorporate ready mixed concrete and related building materials products in their projects.
- Aggressively create and track business development and market penetration with architects, engineers, contractors, and municipalities.
- Establish and maintain relationships with the design, construction, and development communities while improving the knowledge-base and increasing the use of concrete products.
- Represent members and spearhead technical issues associated with NCDOT and SCDOT
- Visit members locations to discuss and learn about opportunities and challenges they face in an effort to assist producers with finding solutions.
- Provide educational and technical resources through training and seminars on usage, application or specification of concrete and concrete products.
- Develop and give presentations on various topics to association members, contractors, developers, the specifier community, government agencies, and others.
- Plan and execute the association’s annual education program to include certification courses, technical seminars, lunch and learns, etc.
- Plan and facilitate meetings for members in local markets.
- Participate in industry efforts to expand the use of ready mixed concrete for paving applications and structural framing of low and mid-rise buildings.
- Learn about and incorporate resources and personnel from the NRMCA and other allied groups to support the promotion efforts and provide resource or subject matter expertise where necessary.
- Communicate regularly with members to stay abreast of their needs and concerns and to provide relevant information impacting their customers, products, and services.
- Utilize social media to promote the efforts and success of this position, members, and the specifier community.
- Actively contribute to association communication efforts including social media, association blog, etc.
- Work directly with Executive Vice President to build coalitions with other materials producers and other aligned industry associations to elevate and maximize promotion effectiveness across multiple concrete markets and applications.
- Support advocacy efforts in regard to promotion initiatives.
- Aggressively monitor and track promotion efforts, projects, and initiatives.
- Assist with the execution of association events including but not limited to Summer Convention, Fall Workshop, Mixer Driver Rodeo, etc.
- Actively participate with association committees.
- Assist Executive Vice President as needed.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree required, preferably in Marketing, Communications, and/or Concrete Construction
- Strong management and organization skills required
- Strong education background with teaching, training, and course development is important
- Strong public speaking and presentation skills to groups as large as 75+
- Technical aptitude for construction products and problem solving required
- Must have excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Demonstrate ability to consistently maintain and develop strong working relationships
Salary & Benefits
Salary is commensurate with experience and the position offers a very competitive benefits package.
The association headquarters is in Charlotte, NC but position can be based out of most NC and SC locations.