2024 STATE ASSOCIATION OF THE YEAR
The Carolinas Ready Mixed Concrete Association is a nonprofit industry trade organization established in 1951 by large and small ready mixed concrete producers and associated members who supply materials, equipment and services to our industry in North and South Carolina.
The core goals of the Association are to provide member support for Product Promotion, Industry Advocacy, Education and Technical Services.
The purpose of the CRMCA is to accomplish the following:
- To present a single voice before State and Federal governments that regulate our industry.
- To provide a clearing house through which members may coordinate their efforts in solving common problems.
- To sponsor educational programs, seminars and workshops to promote the latest advances in concrete technology and to address other issues of interest to the industry.
- To promote the highest standards of business practices among its members, and to provide a service to the industry that is better performed by a group rather than an individual or individual company.
- To promote the increased use and applications of ready mixed concrete and to advance into new markets.
- To promote and enhance cooperation between the suppliers and the providers of ready mixed concrete, which will benefit the industry and consumers.
This year we are pleased to submit an application for 2024 State Association of the Year. The programs, services and industry initiatives listed below are all part of the current CRMCA Strategic Plan. We pride ourselves on creating a plan every three years and closely monitoring throughout the years in between. Our commitment to advancing the industry through planning, leadership and member participation makes us a prime candidate for the 2024 State Association of the Year.
Program #2: Advocacy
Key Action Items:
- Holding NCDOT Accountable
- Enhancing competition between paving materials
- Ensuring safe communities through resilient construction
- Raising the bar on concrete testing issues
- Lien Rights
- Workers Compensation & Tort Reform
- Highway Use Tax
Program #5: Community Partnerships & Outreach
Some of our local allied Partners: AIA NC, AIA SC, AIA Charleston, Clemson University, SEA NC, NAWIC, Civil Engineers Club Charleston, SCPA, CCPA, Tri-County Tech, AL4E NC and SC, ASCE, Cape Fear Community College, NC Community Colleges Association, SCDEW – AGC, Avl Chamber, Greenville Chamber, ACE, ASAE